Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Freedom!

This Saturday marked the passing of another soccer season. I've lost count of the number I've participated in either as a player, coach, or administrator. You'd think I'd get sick of the sport eventually but I remain a true fan. I think I'm done coaching. At least of Mia. It's hard enough to wrangle 12 kids ages 4-6 on a normal day. Throw in your own daughter hanging on you and complaining every two seconds and it's near impossible. But we survived and Mia says she has fun. I think next time she wants to play I'll sign her up in a different league, where I have no responsibilities at all. That sounds like heaven to me!
I really loved these kids, they were hilarious to watch. My favorite moment was when a butterfly flew down on a game and both teams just stopped and stood mezmorized by the pretty wings. The other coach and I just shook our heads and laughed.
Here are my darling Eagles in action!




Can you see the misery on Mia's face? This is what she looked like at every game and every practice. Her legs hurt, she was tired, she was thirsty, she was driving Mommy insane! But last season I decided not to sign her up because of all the above complaints and I heard everyday, "why can't I play soccer? I wanna be on Rose's team. I wanna be on Walker's team. I wanna play soccer!" Oh yeah, next season, it's someone else's turn.




No comments: