Friday, March 21, 2008
On this Good Friday I am trying to remember to offer things up when I get stressed out. Like not being able to find my keys this morning, leaving my phone at home, and being late to work on the one day my boss is on time! So I'm really looking forward to this week's WATT and I'm kicking it up a notch! This week's winner, judged solely by me, will receive one winning scratch off ticket worth, wait for it, $2! Now, you can always cash this in for an additional $2 scratch off so it could be worth so much more my friends. I will judge entries tomorrow morning and notify the winner in the comments. Then just e-mail me your address and you will have in your possession, a winning $2 Jumbo Bucks scratch off! Who says I'm not in the Easter spirit?? In honor of this momentous occasion, I am presenting you with the mother of all WATT's. I'm quite sure this is one of the most un-photogenic people ever so have lots of fun with it!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Finally it's spring! Flowers are blooming, grass is greener, this morning I saw gold & red finches in my mom's backyard (mental note to buy bird seed at Target today.) This is the sunrise from my front yard on Sunday. I love my house. Although I think I could have a dirt yard and still love my house simply because it's mine! Greatest birthday present ever!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
If you haven't guessed already, I'm kind of a blog addict. I post here just about everyday, sometimes multiple posts in a day. I read a plethera of other blogs as time permits and am inspired by them. Today on Mighty Girl is a list of the first 25 of "100 Things Worth Doing" which appear to be her very best memories of her life. Amazing things! If you had to list 100 things worth doing that had happened in your life, what would it include? It's harder than you think. Off the top of my head, I can do an easy 20 probably but it'd require some heavy memory exercises to come up with more. If you know me, you know my memory is about on par with a goldfish. Here's what I've come up with so far:
1. Hearing the words "Marry me"
2. Reading the graffiti at Strawberry Fields
3. Playing hookey from work to spend the day like a kid at Six Flags
4. The first shower after a 19 hr. labor with mango scented bath gel - thank you Mommy-in-law!
5. Crying the first time I held each baby
6. Sitting on my back porch when I was 14 and seeing individual snow flakes fall on the steps in perfect detail
7. Watching the sunrise in Ocean City with my best friend and some Dunkin’ Donuts
8. Mia's baby bathtime as she just stared at her reflection in the mirror in awe and joy
9. Layla singing along to "Layla"
10. Having both of my Grandpa's at my wedding before they passed away from cancer
11. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches made by my Grandma at the beach
12. Crying at my sisters' graduations
13. Sean's first ride on Space Mountain
14. Mia's first day of school
15. The first time he said "I love you"
16. Seeing that pink line with wonder - "it's faded but it's there, does it count if it's faded???"
17. Seeing that heartbeat on the monitor
18. Chuck reading Stephen King to me while I drove to TX
19. Seeing mom cry as she held each new grandbaby
20. Watching Tom & Sharon dance and knowing I'd found the one