Monday, March 10, 2008

There's nothing more exhilirating than the smiting of others


This is my mother's cousin, Father Sam. Look how solemn he appears. He seems like a calm priest, one who will listen and give good advice, no? And that he is. Until the collar comes off and someone puts a laser gun in his hand!

It has become a strange family tradition to play laser tag after a funeral. We did it after my Grandpa's funeral in 2004 and we did it a couple weeks ago after Aunt Tricia's funeral. And really, there is no better way to work off your grief than to shoot to kill!

The first time we played, Father Sam said a little prayer on the way there. It went something like this "Dear Lord, please guide my laser and assist me in the smiting of others" As we ran through the darkness of the game we could hear him "The Lord may forgive you, but I won't! HA HA HA HA HA!" It was hard not to wet myself from laughing. My brother swears that he popped out at one point and told a kid who was about to shoot him, "Stop, stop, I'm a priest!" The kid of course stopped in shock. Father Sam promptly shot him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha good one - you should send our Fr. Sam a link to this :) Barbwire

Anonymous said...

I'm only commenting anonymously because I can't remember my password or my user name! not because I don't want you to know who I am...signed, Barbwire!