Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Almost Famous

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/08/11/firstday_0812.html

This is the article featuring our journey to Mia's first day of Kindergarten. They followed her for hours and all we get is a photo giving me about 10 chins. Thanks guys. It's a great article and really highlights her personality, which was on level 11 yesterday morning.

UPDATE: Upon further investigation, I found a gallery of photos from our morning. Please ignore me and focus on the adorable girls.
http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/metro/schools/gwinnett-back-school/

When I picked her up yesterday I told her she could go wherever she wanted and do whatever she wanted - get ice cream, go shopping. Anything. Her choice? Grandma's house so she could share her day with her friends from her old school. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way for a celebratory chocolate milk and donut with sprinkles. So the first day of Kindergarten in a new school? Success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got a gallery!! awesome!! everyone at my paper today was impressed and they really liked the story. photos are... okay. I'm glad Layla got in there.