Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Family photos

This box of photos sat in my grandmother's living room while we were there for Tricia's funeral. (My sister's Easter pics lead me to believe that no one has moved it since.) The hours of entertainment and nostalgia this box provides is indescribable. There's pictures of every single member of the family in every stage of life and it is awesome to behold. That top framed photo is my grandma. Isn't she beautiful? The upside down one at the top right of that is my dad holding me as a baby. I should have swiped that one. I did come home with a handful of photos of baby me with random family members. As sentimental as it seems, we used it mostly for finding the most embarrassing pictures we could find of each person and rubbing it in their face! And isn't that what family is for? Because as Kevin Smith once wrote, there's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: