Thursday, February 14, 2008

Nostalgia

I'm sitting on the couch, watching last night's Project Runway, feeling sorry for myself for being home sick (see below.) I decided to be a bit more positive about the day and thought back to my first Valentine's Day with Chuck. I got him a first edition of a collection of short stories by Stephen King. Sounds totally unromantic but on a 15 hour drive to TX, he read the stories out loud to me as I drove. We made the entire trip without a single fight. We were young.

He got me a rocking chair. We bought it together after searching several stores. We got back to his house and unloaded it on the driveway. Then he pulled me next to him, started rocking and sang to me. I will never forget that moment, staring up at the stars with his arm around me and feeling so loved. Seven years later I still feel that loved. He sings to the girls now more than me and I hope they feel his love too. He is amazing and I so blessed to have him in my life.

No comments: