Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall!


This is my favorite season. The weather is cool, the trees are gorgeous, and the holidays start creeping up on you. It's the perfect time of year. This weekend we're going apple picking. It's becoming a tradition for us. This will be the third time for me & Mia and second for Chuck & Layla. We drive up towards the GA mountains to get to the orchards so the scenery is perfection.
What I also love about this season is that every afternoon when I step outside my office to go home, I can hear the high school marching band practicing. Then I crunch all the acorns that fell around my car while at work. I actually get disappointed if I don't step on a least one intact acorn. The sound and feel of it crushing under my foot is exhilarating.
And then there's the baking. I've already made some amazing apple cinnamon cupcakes and I can't wait to start baking with pumpkin. Cinnamon & nutmeg smells - bring on the cozy!
What's your favorite part of fall?

No comments: