Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What makes you happy?

There are certain things in this world, seen or heard, that brighten up my day in strange and beautiful ways. Some examples:


1. Every time I drive down Peachtree Rd. I see progress on a development converting an old mechanic's shop to a coffee shop. It's called "Get Coffee" and I can't help but say "Yes I will, thank you".

2. There's a commercial on the radio right now for Amp Energy Drink. It features a need to sing Metal and do surgery at the same time and it kills me. "CLOSE HIM UP - HE'S GONNA MAKE IT! YOU'RE LOOKIN' HOT NURSE! OW!" It's the best commercial ever.

3. Chocolate brown combined with any soft color. On Easter, Mom, Erin, and Sean all had outfits with brown and pale teal combinations and it was beautiful. I've even begun to like the color pink (God help me) with brown. The girls' room is all pink and brown and I love it! If my bed didn't have a ginormous black frame , I would totally decorate our bedroom in browns & blues. It's so soothing.
4. Anything that reminds me of The Office. One of my soccer dads is Michael Scott. I took a picture of a menu the other day because it had a beet salad listed. I thought Chuck was going to keel over in embarrassment right then and there. Someone has Mixed Berry yogurt in the fridge here at work! It's endless entertainment for me.

5. Making (and eating) homemade guacamole! I've eaten dinner consisting entirely of guac and chips and not thought anything of it. (Also, I love taking photos of food, another thing that embarrasses the crap out of my husband)

6. When Chuck is out of town, he always calls on the way home. He lies about where he is on the road to be able to surprise me when he walks in the door. It's adorable.

7. The squirrels Mom have trained to come when you cluck at them. The kids feed them nuts on the front porch. I caught myself tittering at a perfectly innocent squirrel in a parking lot the other day.

8. Any time spent with the Campbell Clan. They rock my world!
9. Comfort food at the end of a long day. Normally I go for chocolate or coffee flavored goodness but we just discovered a Mexican place that does bottomless margaritas. Bottomless. Margaritas. And free cheesecake. When I get to heaven, I want it to be like Vallarta.
10. Moments like this:

I'd love to hear from you all out there on the internet. What makes you happy?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading this blog makes me happy!

Anonymous said...

the excitement I feel on a friday after work is done for the week. it's like the feeling you get when you're in school and summer is starting. It makes me happy! what does that say about me and work?
Baba